Tuesday, January 26, 2010

http://stroke.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/short/STROKEAHA.109.562264v1

"Conclusions—Elevated thyroid autoantibodies were frequently observed in patients with MMD. The results of the present study suggest that immune aberrancies associated with or underlying thyroid autoimmunity are also playing a role in developing MMD."

I started trying to see what the heck thyroid autoantibodies were and folks some other interesting links, basically thyroid disease and these antibodies are found in some other autoimmune diseases, like diabetes!!

Not really much else to talk about here other than it is interesting, the full article is not released to the public yet (I am not a subscriber to STROKE, though I hope my wifes Neuro Doc is!), will comment more on it later when I can read it in full.


1 comment:

Sarah Serata said...

Wow, thanks for posting that. I was just diagnosed with a variation of MoyaMoya and 4 years ago I was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer, and I had my thyroid removed.